Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Prepare for rambles...

"There's no place like home; there's no place like home..."

~Lots Of  RaMbLeS~

(picture from the Rangers vs Tigers game)

        How  I wish all I needed to do was click the heels of my ruby red slippers (I actually have some) and I could suddenly appear home sweet home again.  Sigh.  If it could only be that easy.  Yes, if you can't tell, I am very ready to be home again!!  Tomorrow I have a clinic appointment and we're going to talk to the doctor about that very fact... "Can we please go home now?!"  It would be about a month early, but I'm doing so good, hopefully they'll make an exception.  ;)  My coordinator, and main nurse, thinks it should be fine.  So as long as nothing happens in the next few days, it should be ok.  Not going to get my hopes up... Wait.  Who am I kidding?  I'll be crushed if we can't go home soon!  No, for real... I don't want to rush anything.  God knows when it's best.  I'm just sayin' I'm ready.  :)
        Anyway, I wanted and needed to write a post... so that's why I am here... writing a post.  Didn't want any of you worrying or thinking I've abandoned you.  ;)  
        So... as you can tell from the picture, Joe and I went to a baseball game whilst here in Texas.  It was my first major league game... and it was awesome!!!!!  I'll post a few more pictures at the end of this post.  It was nice getting out and doing something real fun.  I surprised myself with how much walking I did... walking clear across the world (well, actually just the stadium, the long stretch pathway, and the parking lot) to and from the car.  Both Joe and I were like, "This would've been impossible before transplant..."  Very blessed!
        Other than that, we've recently went out with some Kansas friends who are also here in Texas post transplant.  We know them from our clinic back home.  We are so blessed to have friends who are dealing with the same things and totally understand what we're going through.  And, besides, they are pretty freakin awesome people.  I hope we stay connected and continue to get to know each other!  We went to church together, lunch, then a movie.  It was nice.  Hopefully we can get together again before we leave.
        So... I've been thinking a lot about my future plans, goals, and dreams.  I mean it's like the first time in my life where I can actually dream and plan with an actual realistic ability to achieve them.  That's a nice thought, huh?  I do have a "To Do" list.  It's mostly in my head, but I want to write it down.  A few things on the list are normal, but others are kinda crazy.  Hehe.  ;)  Like I want to visit each state in the U.S., get a picture of me and Joe next to the state signs, and of course get a souvenir from each... Hey, why not?!  I've ALWAYS wanted to travel!!!  And that'd be soo cool to be able to say I've been to EACH state!  Other than that there's things on the list like I want to get back into photography and start my own little business.  I want to do a lot of artsy things... Write a children's book, definitely keep crocheting (making pillows, purses, blankets, etc.), make music videos, learn to paint, relearn the piano (and remember and record my songs).  Um... I want to eventually get a car... Uh... definitely spend an entire week in Hawaii... Oh and of course travel through Europe :) I mean, come on, they aren't too unrealistic dreams.  ;)  There's lots more on the list, but the number one dream both Joe and I have is definitely to adopt a baby.  God willing... hopefully when I'm all healed we can start looking into that.  I don't think I could go my whole life without being a mother.  :)
        You know what ... I realize I'm just rambling.  I guess I'm just in a random mood.  That isn't too surprising.  ;)  Anyway, I don't got much more to say really.  Each day has been busy... lots of ups and downs; mostly ups, though.  :)  Rehab is going great; I am slowly getting stronger and more confident in myself with what I can do.  I love the therapists... they're awesome!  I'm going to miss them for sure... I'm going to miss a lot of peoples here.  But, yeah, still want to go home.  ;)  I miss my friends and family too much... but I'll for sure keep in contact with the people here.  Besides I'll be seeing the nurses and doctors at least once a month at my monthly clinic visits!  ;)
        Speaking of... Clinics have been fine.  They haven't been that often, because I'm doing so well.  I did catch a bug and had to go on antibiotics for ten days.  Today I started to feel a bit "bleh" ... so I'm hoping I'm just tired and not catching something again.  :/  Nooooo!  ;)  We shall see tomorrow, I guess.  Tomorrow I've got labs, x-ray, pft, rehab, seeing my coordinator, and seeing the doctor.  Yeah, long day!!  So say a prayer for me, please!
        Okay.  That's enough Julie rambles for today.  I hope your day is beautiful!

Pictures from the game:

 


Much love!  Xoxo
                        ~Julie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment