Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Six months!

"You only live once, but if you do it right... once is enough."


        Today is a very special day; a happy day.  Six months ago today I received a life saving gift that I will cherish forever.  It's been six long months since I received my double lung transplant.  I can hardly believe it's been that long!  So much has happened... so many struggles; and yet so many wonderful moments.
        It is also a sad day, as I remember the reality of the loss of my donor's life for me to be able to be given this second chance to live.  I am eternally grateful to my donor and the donor's family.  I cannot wait to write my letter of gratitude to them.  My heart goes out to them in their time of grief; as they are remembering the six months since their loved one's passing.  It breaks my heart to think about it.
        My sister put it so beautifully as she said, "Dear Lord, please pour down Your grace and blessings on a family who, six months ago, in their moment of profound loss had the courage and generosity to give the gift of life to my sweet sister Julia. We will be forever grateful."  As do many, my family understands the feeling of loss and grief.  And we are... forever grateful for their precious gift.
        I will pray each day for the healing of their hearts.  I will pray each day for the soul of my donor.  I will live each day being grateful for each breath I take; rejoicing in each day I am given to live a full and complete life.  I hope to accomplish so much in my time here on earth.  I am determined to grow stronger in each passing year.  I want to pursue my goals and my dreams... to live the life I never thought I'd get.  Thank you, Lord, for this opportunity... for this blessing!
        Thank you to everyone who has stood by my side through all these months/years.  You help me stay strong; you keep me going.  I am doing so very well and feel so very lucky.
        Here's to the next six months!!  And to the next sixty years!  ;)

Much love,
~Julie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment