Thursday, October 9, 2014

a simple reminder


        This will be a short post.  While doing research for the book I'm writing, I came upon this quote today while going through my blog.  I believe it is a good reminder to all of us.  It was December 23rd, 2012.  I was in the hospital at the time.  A respiratory therapist came in to give me my medications.  What he said both touched my heart and made me smile...

        "Here’s an old farmer’s saying… that I made up. 'There’s the way you dream your life will be, then there’s the way your life is.  Some people have all their dreams come true and are miserable.  Others get kicked down over and over and over again, and yet still smile.  It depends on what you do with what you got.  You have to decide to be happy however your life is.  Smile now; this is your life.'"

        Then he finished with, "God bless you for your positive attitude."  This simple reminder made my day.
        You never know how your words are going to affect someone.  Whether good or bad, your words will leave a mark on someone's heart.  Be kind and be gentle.  Say those sweet words you may be thinking in your head, but never say aloud.  Let others know how much you love them, appreciate them, and admire them.  Say what you need to say.
        I think we all need to remember his words.  No matter your situation, try and keep a smile on your face.

Much love,
~Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment