Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oh, mercy...

"And who of you, by being worried, can add a single hour to his life?" - Matthew 6:27


        So the test results all came back from Thursday's bronch.  There is no infection, no rejection, and no cancer.  Whew!  Thank God for that.  However, they ended up deciding not to do the bronch today.  I guess there is too much of a risk of bleeding (for when they cut out the tissue).  So tomorrow morning I have to be at Day Surgery at 6:30 in the morning.  Then they are going to do a bronch (with more & better equipment) in the O.R.  Then I have to stay in the hospital over night to be watched, in case my lung does bleed.  So we should be leaving Thursday morning... and it's all been a little stressful.
        I am very glad all the results came back negative, but it is quite frustrating to have to be in town, basically, all week.  However, I guess we should count our blessings.  All the results did come back negative and we are so grateful for that!  I really would rather do the operation in the O.R. for all the safety reasons.  Better safe than sorry.
        The doctor was very sweet and apologetic.  He felt bad we drove all this way and ended up not getting it done today, but we both told him it wasn't his fault and we'd rather be safe.  He is such a kind man.  He also said another doctor would be doing the operation.  I met him in the hallway and he seems real nice.  They said they might use laser to remove the tissue, but they'll decide at the operation.  They also told me that the operation is still minor... though every operation has its risks.  But I'm not too nervous... I guess.  I will, thank God, be put under general anesthesia... so I will be completely out!!  ;)
        The doctor actually showed us the pictures he took during Thursday's bronch.  It was very interesting.  He showed us the airway that was being plugged and then another airway that was completely open (just to compare).  There is quite a difference.  The tissue is completely obstructing the airway when I exhale.  So he believes that is why I am more short of breath at times and that my pft numbers are a little lower.  It was so interesting to look at the airways in my lungs!!  And he showed us the spots where they sewed the lung in and the tissue grew riiiight next to them.  It was weird.
        Anyway, I'm going to relax tonight and try to get to bed early.  Got a long day tomorrow.  Lord, give us strength and patience... and help tomorrow to go smoothly!  Prayers are always appreciated!  Thank you, my prayer angels!!

Much love,
~Julie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment