Thursday, August 8, 2013

Short post.

Just another manic ... Thursday... ;)



        Just a small message to let everyone know how today went.  So they did the bronch. And, yes, although I was a little loopy, I was totally awake and aware through the whole thing... which was very weird.  That was the first time they didn't just put me to sleep.  I didn't mind.  I was freakin nervous, but it was okay.
        Anyway, the doctor said there actually wasn't much secretion.  However, there was an unusual piece of tissue growing over an airway.  And when I would exhale it would flap down and block the airway.  So they took samples of it and sent it off to biopsy to make sure it isn't anything bad (just a little freaky).  And also they're testing to see if there's anything preventing them from removing it.  And, of course, they want me to come back and get another bronch in a few days to remove it (if it's safe to remove). They said it should help a lot to get rid of it, obviously.
        Although the whole "unusual tissue" thing does make me nervous, nobody seemed too worried.  And my nurse said that mostly they are making sure it won't damage anything to remove it.  Still prayers would be appreciated! ;)
        Oh, goodness.  So we're coming home for the weekend, then turning back around and coming back for a day or so. :/  We'll probably get all the results sometime Monday - to find out if there's rejection, or infection, and what the heck that tissue is.
        I know this is a short post, but I haven't eaten since midnight last night and I'm finally eating!!  Lots of barbecue meat, french fries, onion rings, and a biscuit... Mmmm!  Yayness!

Much love,
~Julie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment