Saturday, December 22, 2012

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36
 
("Enter the colors..." An artsy photo I took. For me this picture represents a new beginning.)
 
..."And I Feel Fine"...
 
                So the world didn't end yesterday.   That's nice; it's always a good thing when that doesn't happen.  I guess now we can continue on our merry little way assured that the Mayans just ran out of space on their rock, or got distracted, or simply wanted to freak those of us in the year 2012 out a little bit.  Either way, we're still here.  Doctor Who must have saved us all once again this holiday season (if you don't understand that reference, you're definitely not from my family.)  It's funny; our Lord really meant what He said about the end of the world:  "No one knows the day or hour... except the Father."  Imagine that.  ;)
                The weekend in the hospital is usually pretty quiet.  Today has been no different.  After the rush of the morning with nurses and doctors coming in one after another, the day usually goes by rather slowly.  However, tonight my husband arrives to spend a few days; and my sister visits tonight too!  She's bringing presents.  So excited!  :D  So it's really not all that bad; just got to push through until tonight.  :)
                This is a short post.  Wanted to say "Yay" and celebrate all of us being alive today.  Which, actually, we should do every day; but I'm sure most people probably used yesterday as a reason to have a beer and a good time.  I can't blame them... it was rather humorous and a good excuse to party.  ;)  I spent the night watching the clock until midnight skyping with my sister, whilst she wrapped presents and listened to her neighbors singing Christmas carols upstairs very loudly.  Haha!  Then we said, "Horay," together the minute after 12am.  It was a splendid time!
                I hope your Saturday is a perfect one.  Take a moment, relax your body, and breathe deeply.  Smile in this moment; this moment is your life.  Find joy in the fact you're alive; and are loved more than you know.

My love,
                ~Julie Jean

p.s. Hey, siblings, that Doctor Who plot would actually be rather funny, don't you think?? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment