Monday, December 24, 2012

"Silent night, holy night..."
!~!!Christmas Is Coming!!~!
 
Merry Christmas Eve, peoples! Watched a few movies, opened a few presents, skyped with my husband's family (who sang to us my favorite Christmas Song Feliz Navidad), called my family, visited with my parents, texted with my brother upstairs.  Overall, even though I was a tad emotional from my steroid being tapered down today (it always does that to me), it was a good day!
Oh in many ways this night is so different than all the years before... it seems so odd not to be home, around all the familiar faces, tearing apart wrapping paper, having that holiday togetherness. Yet, watching my husband's family on skype tonight open presents, laugh, dance, it was a riot and I loved every minute of it. Even though we weren't there, we were still there. Thank you, whoever invented skype. You are a lifesaver.
I'm going to spend the rest of the night cuddling with my honey (if he'll let me ;) and checking Google periodically to see where Santa's at in the world. Hehe ;) And tomorrow morning - we're skyping with my dad, mom, and brother in his hospital room upstairs and having our Christmas morning together! We'll be eating breakfast and opening presents; it'll be grand! Means a lot to be able to do that... then later in the day we're skyping with more of my family during their get togethers at their homes (again, thank Heaven for skype:)  Christmas may be different, I may sigh a few sighs, but the day will be perfect; just the way it was always supposed to be. And, surprisingly, I'm still so excited about it and giddy like a little girl!  CHRISTMAS!!! :D
             From our hearts to yours - have a happy, healthy, safe, and merry Christmas Eve! Just a few more minutes until Christmas; our Lord Jesus' birth. Such a gift we received the night He chose to be born. :)
     Christmas hugs,
                     ~Julie Jean
 
p.s. Oh my breathing test today, I mentioned in the last post, was the same as when I got here; didn't go up or down.  I'm thinking they're going to want to keep me for a while until the numbers go up.  Lord, have mercy. G'night! Sleep sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment