Wednesday, March 6, 2013

*sigh*

"Do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain..." - Our Lady of Guadalupe 


-just venting-
Hey you,
          Yesterday I went to the doctor's office at the CF clinic. It turns out I have a sinus infection and a possible tooth infection (still haven't seen a dentist). The whole right side of my face, sinus, roof of my mouth, jaw, and throat hurts. I'm having a lot of drainage and have had an irritated cough (especially at night). So I feel pretty miserable. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics and thought that would take care of it all, which it probably will in a few days.
          Today my case manager for the transplant team called me. She said my transplant doctor has decided to make me "inactive" on the transplant list until my infection clears up. I'm still on the list, just considered inactive... so until I am "active" again I won't be getting any calls for lungs. If I got "the call" now, while I have a tooth infection, and I got the surgery... they said the infection would run rampant throughout my body because of the immunosuppressant medication I would be on...  and obviously that would be bad.
          I get it; makes sense. It would be awful if the call did come and I had this infection brewing and didn't know about it. So, in a way, it is a blessing to get rid of it now.  I'm not mad at anyone... the doctors are only protecting me.  And I know God is watching over the entire process. But it just frustrates me that I'll be inactive all weekend and maybe into next week; just waiting for the infection to clear... waiting to be made "active" again. Gosh... so much waiting.
          I'm hoping to see a dentist to make the process go quicker too. And hopefully the medications will work fast and clear up my sinus infection as well.  I'm also hoping I get my prescriptions tomorrow so I can get started on the meds a.s.a.p.!
          I don't know. I just want this done. You know?  No more hurdles.  I'm tired.  I just need prayers for patience and strength... and quick healing!  My heart is sad tonight; I miss home.  My body is exhausted; I feel pretty miserable; hacking and coughing, real short o f breath, and my mouth is in pain... hurts to eat and drink anything on the right side!  Haha, I guess that's honesty for you. ;)
          However, I am blessed to have a sweet, loving, and kind husband who takes such good care of me.  He gets me my meds, brings me tea for my throat, helps me relax, and makes me laugh. :) So I probably should stop complaining!
          Soooo, let me end this post on a lighter note.  After the doctor appointment yesterday Joe and I went on a date - the first in a long freaking time! We went to Jimmy John's for dinner. It was fun and delicious! Here's some pix:
us on our date :)
Haha! A sign at Jimmy John's that made me laugh!
My love,
           ~Julie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment