Monday, April 1, 2013

Two weeks :)

"The first day of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year." - Mark Twain
~another short post~

        Happy April 1st!  Two weeks post transplant today!  I am so lucky and blessed!  My Joe and I are stoked to be stepping onto this new road of life - this second chance in living!
        Today I got my left lung tube out and the right lung tube switched to a bulb (both of which drain fluid/blood from my lungs - which is important :)  The bulb should be on for several days before it finally gets taken out - excited for that!  Anther step towards freedom and relief.  
        I've got a bronch scheduled for tomorrow to clean things out of my lungs; and soon I'll be being discharged.  Thursday I have my third swallow test... PRAY FOR ME!  I'm ready to eat again... no April Fools ;)  I'm so ready to to get back to our temporary "home" and finish this healing process and finally head back home to all our family and friends. :)
          Yes, we're stressed because we've gone through so much; and there's so much to do.  Hoping, knowing, it'll all fall into place... like it has thus far!  Thanks to all of you :)  With God on our side and all the prayers we've received, I am sure it'll be fine.  Still praying, though; and crossing my fingers.  Now, I am off to spend the rest of the night visiting with my love - watching baseball (opening day!) and other random shows!  First time relaxing together in a long time...

(Two weeks post transplant! BAM!)

(Smoochies to my hubby!)

        God bless!  Hope you had a good first day of April! :)

Much love,
     ~Julie Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment